Coming Soon...New Master Service List
One of our most requested features is being released next week! We are calling it the 'Master Service List'. The Master Service List has been a backburner feature for over 18 months! We started the planning & design last year and progressed with development earlier this year as we broke ground on our new UI (User Interface), which is being rolled out throughout 2018.
The Master Service List solves a key problem inside Gazelle, better integration between scheduled services, invoices, & eventually other parts of the program. The most noticeable part of this feature will be a drop-down menu of services on your invoices.
What is the Master Service List
The Master Service List is a global list of all the services you provide to your customers. When we started planning this feature we decided to design this as a new feature from the ground up, because prior to this we did not handle services in a uniform way. As a result, a few different parts of the program will be migrated over to use the Master Service List in place of what we have now.
This is how services used to work:
This is how they will work in the new Master Service List
What has been improved?
By creating a centralized way of handling services we are able to simplify a number of different parts of the program.
- Invoices - When creating invoices you will be able to select from saved services instead of having to manually type the same service over and over again
- Self-Scheduled Consistency - When building your self-scheduler you will be able to pull services from your Master Service List and have consistency between the services your clients select and the services that appear on their invoice.
- Condition Reports - In the new user interface the Master Service List will make building Condition Report templates much easier and simple to use.
- In-App Reporting - In the new user interface in-app reporting is going to be a central feature. We are making it easier to see things like how much revenue you have scheduled for the coming week, and how much you had scheduled in the past. The Master Service List is a critical backend feature that will power these reports.
- Internationalization - All items in your Master Service List will be fully internationalized and include user input translation strings for customers who serve bilingual communities.
Will this feature be available in our Old UI?
Yes, thanks to the overwhelming number of requests we fielded over the past few years for a drop-down service menu on the invoice page, we will be integrating parts of this feature into the old UI. Inside the old (existing) UI you will be able to:
- Manage groups & items in your Master Service List
- See a drop-down menu of services when creating invoices
- Pull items from your Master Service List to Schedule an Appointment
- Integrate Master Service List Items into your self-scheduler.
What does the future hold?
Now that we have the Master Service List in place, we are one step closer to being able to improve and simplify a number of features within our new UI. This includes things like:
- Condition Reports
- In-App Reporting for projected revenue
- Quickbooks / 3rd party Accounting Integration
- And deeper internationalization of the app
What are we working on Next?
After the release, we will be turning our focus to simplifying our settings pages (a smaller project) and then the calendar as we redesign it to be even more map-centric (A massively large project). This is going to be one of the biggest features we release in 2018 and we are excited to start working on it so early in the year. We have some really exciting things in store and cannot wait to show you what we have planned.
Many thanks to everyone who has provided feedback over the years. If you were one of the many people who criticized our existing invoices, calendar, complexity, etc... we listened and continue to do so as we work to simplify Gazelle and improve our features. We can't wait to roll up our sleeves and get to work!
The Gazelle Team